BTEC Level 3 in Children’s Play, Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
Duration: One to two years, depending on study route
What You Study
- Play and learning
- Working with parents
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Physical care and health needs
- Working with children with additional needs
- Keeping children safe
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, including English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 qualification.
A satisfactory reference and clear Disclosing and Barring Service (DBS) check are also required.
A range of pathways are available, dependent on your qualifications.
- One-year Extended Certificate
- One-year Foundation Diploma
- Two-year Diploma
- Two-year Extended Diploma.
Students can progress to study Childcare at degree-level.
What could it lead to?
Work with more responsibility in early years settings, in children’s centres and care homes, as a pre-school, nursery room or playwork leader, in healthcare, community education, or in the classroom.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).