Riseholme has often been praised for the level and quality of support that it gives to all of its students.
College (Further Education)
The college offers a range of support, which is tailored to the requirements of individual students. This can include in-class support, assignment support, study skills and access to Directed Study Workshops. Students may also be able to loan a range of specialist equipment for the duration of their programme of study.
The team consists of Learning Mentors, Supported Learning Assistants and an Exam Access Assessor, to ensure students get the support that they need.
Degree (Higher Education)
The college is committed to providing support to students who require additional support to aid them in their studies. The Study Skills team can provide this through drop in sessions or pre-booked 1:1 sessions.
Distance learners can access the service through email, telephone or webinars and video calls. (Download the leaflet below to find out more.)
Students who require more formal support may be eligible for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).
For DSA Needs Assessors who require information on the services that staff at Riseholme College Showground campus can provide, click here.
Care Leavers' Package
We offer a comprehensive package of support for Care Leavers.
At the application stage, we offer you direct links to the Admissions department and the Student Services Manager, who can provide support and advice on every aspect of your application.
Your dedicated Programme Leader can advise and guide you on your chosen course. Once you have started your programme, they will be your first point of contact for support and regular progress meetings.
Alongside our normal day-to-day residential support provided by the Wardening team, you will be allocated a named member of staff who will guide you through every aspect of being a residential student; from how to apply for accommodation, funding and what to bring when you move in! This member of staff will meet with you regularly to ensure that you have the relevant support you require whilst living on campus.
Benefits to the Care Leaver's Package include:
- A free laptop to assist you with completion of your course.
- Residential fees paid (a £250 room deposit will still be required).
- Free technology support for the duration of your course.
- Regular meetings with our Careers Coordinator to help you identify your plans for the future and routes to success.
- Support meetings with our Health and Welfare Officer, Student Services Manager and Student Support Manager which will ensure that you are being supported with all aspects of being a university student.
- Access to our financial bursaries, including our employability bursary, Higher Education Bursary programme and Student Opportunity Fund. Find out more about those here.
- Access to course fee scholarships. Two scholarships for care leavers, of £2,250 per annum for the duration of the programme, are available. (These are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.)
Students are the life and soul of Riseholme. Their happiness, health and wellbeing are the most important things for everyone at the college.
We don’t just want our students to achieve academically and professionally – we want them to be happy and healthy in both body and mind.
Everyone at Riseholme takes pride in students leaving not just with the qualifications that they studied and worked hard for, but as confident and capable individuals.
As part of this, we help students develop their social and personal skills through a range of workshops and other measures, including:
- Careers advice
- Sexual health clinics.