City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in an Introduction to Professional Cookery
Duration: One year
What You Study
- The catering and hospitality industry
- Food safety
- Health and safety awareness
- Healthy eating and special diets
- Using kitchen equipment
- Workplace skills
- Practical food preparation techniques
- English and Maths, as required.
A passion for the subject and one satisfactory reference is needed.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students who complete this course can progress on to the Level 2 course.
Work as a kitchen assistant in a café, restaurant, pub, hotel, bed and breakfast, delicatessen, school - and many more. You could then pursue more senior positions such as chef, kitchen manager and supervisor.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).