Level 3 in Equine Management
Duration: Two years full-time
What You Study
- Principles of health and safety
- Undertaking and reviewing work-related experience in the land-based Industries
- Undertaking stable yard operations
- Equine health
- Horse tack and equipment
- Biological systems of horses
- Equine feeding and nutrition
- Horse behaviour and welfare
- Riding horses to exercise (optional)
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or equivalent, including Maths, English and Science, preferably biology or a relevant Level 2/ First Diploma. You will also require relevant practical experience, including being able to demonstrate a suitable level of riding. We also have a maximum weight limit of 13 stone.
Two pathways are available for this course:
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Equine Management (720)
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management (1080)
Two years full-time. Normally in college four days per week and one day in work placement.
Following the completion of this course, students will be eligible to progress to study at degree-level and/or employment.
Possible career paths include working as a competition rider, instructor, stud yard assistant, sales representative, lecturer or groom.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).