Level 3 in Land-Based Engineering
Duration: One or two years full-time, depending on study route
What You Study
- Vehicle engine technology
- Calculations for service engineering and workshop processes
- Testing, servicing and repairing engines, vehicle systems, electric systems and hydraulic systems
- Health and safety
- Testing, servicing and repairing land-based machinery and equipment
- English and/or Maths (if not achieved at grade 4)
There is also a requirement to complete 315 hours of work experience.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 / First Diploma or equivalent.
Maths at grade 4 or higher is desirable due to the content of some of the units. Students will be individually assessed as part of the interview process to determine suitability.
One satisfactory reference is also needed.
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into industry or on to a higher level supervisory or management qualifications, e.g. Level 4 HNC in Engineering, or progress into employment in your chosen trade.
Work in machinery operation, servicing, product demonstration, machinery sales and equipment hire.
For your course, you will need:
- Good Quality Overalls
- Steel Toecap Boots
- Safety Glasses (Optional)
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).
Sam studies the BTEC Level 3 in Land-Based Engineering and plans to use his qualification to work abroad.