Level 3 Apprenticeship in Land-Based Service Engineering Technician
Duration: Up to 36 months
What You Study
- Health and safety, risk assessment and mitigating hazards
- Identification, application and care of diagnostic tools and equipment
- Technical data, documentation and operational conditions
- Wiring and hydraulic circuits
- Technological systems and electro- hydraulic systems
- Install and handover machinery and equipment
- Advanced maintenance and repair of technologically advanced machinery
- Diagnostics, repairs and re-instatement of complex products
- Technical reports, proposals and quotations
Appropriate employment in the land-based engineering industry.
It is preferable candidates have a minimum GCSE grade C/4 in English and maths.
Successful completion will be accepted by the Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) as meeting the Engineering Councils requirements for Engineering Technician (EngTech) registration.
You may progress to a higher-level course at the college. You may be offered a higher-level role e.g. Engineering Technician or Supervisor/Assistant Manager.
Typical careers include Agricultural Service Engineer or Technician, Outdoor Power Equipment Service Engineer, Plant and Equipment Service Engineer.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).