Finance Support for Childcare :: Riseholme College

Finance Support for Childcare

Higher Education Student Childcare Grant

Childcare Grants may be available through student finance for those students with dependent children in registered or accredited childcare. It cannot be claimed for if a student is already claiming the childcare element of the Working Tax Credit from the Inland Revenue.

The Student Opportunity Fund can also offer help with childcare costs for those who have a shortfall in their Childcare Grant.

Please contact Student Services regarding eligibility and how to apply.

Parent's Learning Allowance

If you are a full-time student with dependent children, you may be entitled to help from the Parent's Learning Allowance through student finance.

This extra finance (along with the Childcare Grant) can help pay for childcare and other costs related to your course.

You may be entitled receive up to £1,508 per year for course-related costs, which is paid in three instalments and can again be applied for through Student Finance England.

20+ Childcare Fund

If you are over the age of 20 and have dependent children attending approved or registered childcare whilst you attend College, you may be eligible to receive funding towards these costs.

For more information on any of the above schemes, please contact Student Services on 01522 304603.