This course covers the safe driving of a tractor, pre-use maintenance and safety checks and recognition of controls and instruments. During the assessment the tractor is to be driven safely and correctly around a suitable course (including reversing with a trailer).
The course can also cover trailer hitching and attaching 3-point linkage and PTO driven attachments. There is an optional unit that covers the use of a tractor fitted with a front end loader.
Upon successful completion of this course candidates will receive an NPTC Level 2 Award in Tractor Driving and Related Operations. This qualification is issued for life, however NPTC recommend that refresher training is carried out every 3 - 4 years.
As well as being held at Riseholme College this course can be delivered on your own site, using your own equipment ensuring your employees are trained in the environment they are most familiar with and at a time that best suits you.
This qualification teaches the candidates to:
- Identify any hazards specific to the site, task and machine
- Identify and explain function of all instruments and controls on the machine
- Carry out daily pre-use checks to the tractor
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential hazards that could arise when using a tractor and the correct procedure / precautions to be observed when driving with heavily loaded trailers and implements
- Mount vehicle, carry out safety checks and start engine
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of a tractor on or near the public highway or other areas to which the public has access
- Hitch tractor to trailer and connect hydraulic coupling(s)
- Drive tractor and trailer around a designated course as outlined by the assessor, to include negotiating corners, gear changing and reversing in a confined space
- Tip trailer, uncouple and park tractor safely
- Attach a three-point linkage implement to the tractor, observing safe practice at all times
- Attach a PTO driven machine to the tractor and fit PTO shaft
- Demonstrate knowledge of factors to consider when using PTO shaft
To book a place or request further information, call us on 01964 553181 or email email@example.com.
Three days, Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm.
£355 per person.
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Fork Lift Truck Operations
- ITSSAR Fork Lift Truck
Share this course
The minimum age for a candidate taking this course is 16 years old. There are no other formal entry requirements for this qualification however candidates will be required to supply their own personal protective equipment which should consist of:
- Steel toe capped boots
- High visibility vest
Farm Management Development Programme
Harry Middleditch is a 25-year-old Assistant Farm Manager for D F Middleditch & Son based on the Essex / Suffolk border. They farm approximately 1000 acres of combinable crops, as well as having a flock of 50 pedigree Hampshire Down sheep and 100 Poll Dorset Ewes. A 2017 delegate, see what Harry thought of the Farm Management Development Programme...
“Since completing the first week of the Farm Management Development Programme, I arrived home with a new outlook on agriculture as a sector as well as a broader understanding of management.
"The course has made me rethink my business and how to take it forward in this ever-changing time within the industry.”