This course is designed for spray operators and pest control technicians who require a certificate of competence for pesticide spraying using a Knapsack Sprayer.
Upon successful completion of this course candidates will receive an NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Hand Held Applicator PA6. This qualification is issued for life, however NPTC recommend that refresher training is carried out every three to four years.
As well as being held at Riseholme College this course can be delivered on your own site, using your own equipment ensuring your employees are trained in the environment they are most familiar with and at a time that best suits you.
This qualification teaches the candidates to:
- Prepare a hand held pesticide applicator for work, calibrate it and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on a hand held pesticide applicator
- Carry out the correct procedure for cleaning personal protective equipment and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide
To book a place or request further information, call now on 01964 553181 or email email@example.com.
One day training plus one day assessment.
£229 per person.
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Boom Crop Sprayer Unit PA2
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Pesticide Granular Application Unit PA4
Please contact the college for dates - 01964 553181.
Students will be required to complete training days plus an assessment day. You will be notified of these dates when you book on to the course.
Please note that places on each date are limited. To avoid disappointment, get in touch to secure your place as soon as possible.
Share this course
The minimum age for a candidate taking this course is 16 years old. Candidates much have successfully achieved NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Foundation Unit PA1 prior to attending this course.
There are no other formal entry requirements for this qualification however candidates will be required to supply their own personal protective equipment which should consist of:
- Type 6 limited splash coverall
- Nitrile rubber gloves (0.5mm thick, 300mm long)
Farm Management Development Programme
Harry Middleditch is a 25-year-old Assistant Farm Manager for D F Middleditch & Son based on the Essex / Suffolk border. They farm approximately 1000 acres of combinable crops, as well as having a flock of 50 pedigree Hampshire Down sheep and 100 Poll Dorset Ewes. A 2017 delegate, see what Harry thought of the Farm Management Development Programme...
“Since completing the first week of the Farm Management Development Programme, I arrived home with a new outlook on agriculture as a sector as well as a broader understanding of management.
"The course has made me rethink my business and how to take it forward in this ever-changing time within the industry.”