This course is designed for spray operators and pest control technicians who require a certificate of competence for pesticide spraying.
Passing this unit is required before any other pesticide course can be taken.
The course covers the four most commonly used pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and plant growth regulators. It teaches the candidates to:
- Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides
- Identify the precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information
- Identify, select and understand the maintenance and storage of the correct personal protective equipment for use with a particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to prevent personal contamination
- Follow the appropriate procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination
- Understand the correct procedures for the storage of pesticides
- Understand the correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings
- Understand the records that must be kept
- Understand the situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment
To book a place or request further information, call us on 01964 553181 or email email@example.com.
- 17 October 2019
- 28 November 2019
Courses will run if we have sufficient numbers, so to book a place please ring Chris Bremer on 01964 553181.
£199 per person.
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Boom Sprayer Unit PA2
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Pesticide Granular Application Unit PA4
- NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Handheld Applicator Unit PA6
Please contact the college for dates - 01964 553181.
Please note that places on each date are limited.
To avoid disappointment, get in touch to secure your place as soon as possible.
Share this course
The minimum age for a candidate taking this course is 16. There are no other formal entry requirements.
Farm Management Development Programme
Harry Middleditch is a 25-year-old Assistant Farm Manager for D F Middleditch & Son based on the Essex / Suffolk border. They farm approximately 1000 acres of combinable crops, as well as having a flock of 50 pedigree Hampshire Down sheep and 100 Poll Dorset Ewes. A 2017 delegate, see what Harry thought of the Farm Management Development Programme...
“Since completing the first week of the Farm Management Development Programme, I arrived home with a new outlook on agriculture as a sector as well as a broader understanding of management.
"The course has made me rethink my business and how to take it forward in this ever-changing time within the industry.”