Riseholme College is a values-driven organisation. We believe our values provide us with a sense of purpose and identity.
We believe in;
- First class / first choice vocational education
- Respect for each other and our campus
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Striving for excellence in all that we do.
These values underpin all aspects of college life and we expect all staff and students to adhere to them.
The college is also a proud supporter of British Values. Fundamental British Values are defined by Ofsted as;
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
These values are promoted by the college and embedded in teaching and learning at all levels. In doing so, the college aims to;
- Enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- Encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality and society more widely
- Enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- Further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for other people
- Encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.