Main duties and responsibilities
A great opportunity to be a Land Consents Officer who will handle all aspects of land rights acquisition/land entry for our clients from the utility services and public sectors.
Work includes reviewing proposed schemes, identifying affected parties and securing rights needed for works to be undertaken. You will be responsible for liaising between land owners/occupiers and the client's project teams. You will be working with a first-class regional team that puts priority on supporting the individual in their work.
The Savills Infrastructure Teams operate throughout the country. Around 40 strong, the team enjoys a diverse makeup. In the North East, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire we enjoy a strong team led by people with a good deal of experience in the utility industry. We are proud of our record for training people in the industry and supporting each other when we need a hand. We believe that a work-life balance is more than a slogan.
1. To acquire land and land rights, environmental and Planning consents required for utility projects in Rural and urban environments.
2. To value and settle agricultural and other grantor losses associated with utility works.
3. To interpret legal notices and complete options appraisals to inform client business decisions.
4. To liaise between Grantors and Client Project Teams, advising them of the implications of reasonable concerns and contributing to successful solutions.
Qualities that the candidate should have-
1. Excellent communication and organisational skills.
2. Experience in estate/land management, property conveyancing or agricultural liaison.
3. Professional accreditation such as MRICS/AssocRICS/FAAV or similar would be desirable although not essential.
4. Experience of utility project management would be desirable.